blockhead n : these words are used to express a low opinion of someone's intelligence [syn: dunce, dunderhead, numskull, bonehead, lunkhead, hammerhead, knucklehead, loggerhead, muttonhead, shithead, fuckhead]
- A stupid person.
In common use, blockhead usually refers to a stupid or stubborn person. (see Wiktionary entry for more information)
Blockhead may also refer to:
- Blockhead is a tipo tropical from Westchester, Miami
- Blockhead, a title adopted by fans of Stephanie J. Block, a Broadway musical theatre actress
- Blockhead (computer system), a theoretical computer system devised by Ned Block
- Blockhead!, a block stacking game by Pressman Toy Corp.
- Ian Dury and the Blockheads, a rock band, or the song "Blockheads" from the band's New Boots and Panties album
- Blockhead (music), a hip-hop producer
- Blockheads, a grindcore band from Nancy,France
- Blockhead (cartoon), one of the hallmark characters from the popular entertainment website, Newgrounds.
- Block-heads (Gumby), a pair of antagonists from the Gumby television series
- Block-Heads, a 1938 film starring Laurel and Hardy
- Human blockheads, circus sideshow performers who perform apparently dangerous acts: for example, driving nails into their noses
- "Blockhead", a song by Devo from their album Duty Now for the Future
blockhead in German: Blockheads
addlebrain, addlehead, addlepate, beefhead, blubberhead, blunderer, blunderhead, bonehead, boor, botcher, bufflehead, bumbler, bungler, cabbagehead, chowderhead, chucklehead, clod, clodhead, clodhopper, clodknocker, clodpate, clodpoll, clot, clown, dimwit, dolt, dolthead, dullhead, dumbbell, dumbhead, dummy, dunderhead, dunderpate, fathead, fumbler, gawk, gowk, jolterhead, jughead, klutz, knucklehead, looby, lout, lubber, lunkhead, meathead, muddlehead, mushhead, muttonhead, nitwit, noodlehead, numskull, oaf, ox, peabrain, pinbrain, pinhead, puddinghead, pumpkin head, puzzlehead, slouch, slubberer, stupidhead, thickhead, thickskull, tottyhead, yokel